Are you tired of using an on-premise ERP system? Are you constantly having to reach out to IT support for help? Sounds exhausting.
Look no further, Cloud ERP systems are a really great alternative.
Technology has advanced to be able to handle very high functioning applications that can safely and securely be accessed remotely through the Cloud. This means that companies don't have to deal with hardware issues and it allows their employees to be more productive, since they can work from anywhere at any time.
The Cloud can provide access to fully functioning applications at a reasonable price without a substantial upfront expenditure for hardware and software. If you are a large enterprise, cloud ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, and Netsuite are likely candidates for your business. Alternatively, there is Acumatica, Skubana, Brightpearl, Sage, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for mid-market cloud ERP solutions.
When choosing a cloud solution, any business can rapidly increase their productivity software as their business grows. If you're thinking about switching to a newer ERP platform or upgrading your current ERP, here are 5 reasons why you should use a Cloud-based ERP system:
1. A Cloud ERP has been proven to reduce costs
Most Cloud ERP systems offer a fixed monthly rate so companies don't have to get locked into a contract and can use their funds for other business initiatives. On top of that, a cloud ERP reduces the cost of maintaining and supporting applications since the cloud vendor conveniently handles the updates and upgrades. Which brings me to my next point: your business can spend less on IT support services because IT support is provided by the data center for the Cloud ERP.
2. It can be customized to suit your business needs
The software can be setup to help your business in many different areas from profitability to demand forecasting, warehouse and inventory management, order management, finance etc. Having a Cloud ERP also allows you and your staff to save time with smart automation. This will reduce the effort spent on administration, chasing clients for information, and data entry. A Cloud ERP gives you unprecedented and unique tools to make the most intelligent and growthful business decisions.
3. The ability to adjust the amount of cloud service as your company’s computing or storage needs change
Being able to use a Cloud ERP system that has the flexibility to increase data storage size when the business changes is not only cost effective, but also convenient. There is no stress to change over to another system when you have the opportunity to remain and expand with your current Cloud ERP system.
4. Peace of mind knowing the data has been backed up and there is a disaster recovery plan.While most companies know that security breaches are a possibility, many of these same companies don’t know that on-premise storage of data increases their vulnerability to a security breach. A Cloud ERP can offer greater data security than most on-premise systems. There are tools that help avoid attacks since the data is not stored locally. Furthermore, the backing up and recovery of data from backups is handled directly by the Cloud ERP provider.
5. Easy access, which means device independence.
Your Cloud ERP can be easily accessed by any device, including iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows, Mac, or even Linux. Accessing the system from anywhere makes it easy for a company to expand geographically, meaning there is no need to have any hardware and software at remote locations.
How to decide which Cloud ERP system to pick for your company?
All you have to do is ask! At Fortuitas we are very experienced with different types of systems integration and have a talented team of engineers and designers that can take your projects from idea to fruition while staying on schedule and on budget. Feel free to book some time with one of our team members and get a free consultation.